At Solutions Cimex, we offer our pest extermination services in the locality of Valcourt and throughout Quebec. If your home is invaded by bedbugs, cockroaches, mice and various insects, you can call on our experts who will deploy as soon as possible.
The most frequent nuisance animals in the locality of Valcourt
The most invasive pests in this region can vary depending on various factors such as climate, topography and proximity to natural areas. However, here are some of the most common pests in this region:
- Mice and rats: Mice and rats can be a common problem in both urban and rural areas. They can damage structures and spread disease.
- Wasps and bees: Wasp and bee nests can be a problem in wooded or rural areas. They can be dangerous for people with allergies and cause painful stings.
- Bedbugs: Bedbugs have become a common problem in urban areas. They can infest mattresses and furniture and cause itchy and irritated skin.
- Ants: Ants can be a common problem in both urban and rural areas. Pavement ants, in particular, are often seen on concrete sidewalks and driveways.
- Squirrels: Squirrels can be a problem in wooded and rural areas. They can damage structures and spread disease.
How do you prevent pests from entering your home?
Here are some tips to prevent pest infestation in your home:
- Seal cracks and holes: Mice, rats and other pests can enter your home through cracks or holes in walls or doors. Seal all possible entry points with putty or caulk;
- Install screens on doors and windows: Screens can prevent flying insects like mosquitoes, flies and moths from entering your home;
- Eliminate sources of standing water: Mosquitoes and other insects breed in standing water. So be sure to empty water buckets, clogged gutters and other sources of standing water around your home;
- Store food properly: Open food attracts pests like mice and rats. Keep all foods in airtight containers and store them in cupboards or refrigerators;
- Avoid plants around the house: Climbing plants and shrubs can provide a pathway for pests. Make sure all plants around your house are trimmed regularly and do not touch walls or roofs;
- Use natural repellents: Certain plants like lavender, mint and rosemary can repel insects. You can also use essential oils or lavender sachets to repel mosquitoes and other insects.