Extermination of xylophagous insects
Insects are said to be “xylophagous” when they feed on dead or living wood. Are classified in this category termites, capricorns, sirex, wood weevils, beetles, beetles or even lyctus. How to detect their presence in a house and what to do to get rid of them?
Xylophagous insects: fearsome pests
Xylophagous insects feed on construction wood such as the frame, the floor or the beams as well as furniture or even works of art and dig numerous galleries there which, over time, weaken them and can even be damaged. the cause of their collapse. Particularly formidable, these pests generally act very discreetly and in most cases, we only notice their presence in the house when the damage is noticed.
How to detect the presence of xylophagous insects in a house?
Although they are generally discreet, wood-eating insects still leave traces that you can see by being careful and regularly inspecting all your wooden structures. Here are the signs that indicate a possible infestation:
- You often find sawdust on the floor.
- You observe galleries or holes in your wooden structures.
- Your furniture, floors or beams become more fragile and may even break when touched.
- You encounter some insects (alive or dead) as well as larvae at home, especially between May and October.
How to get rid of wood-boring insects?
First, it is important to note that xylophagous insects attack almost all types of wood, except for a few exotic species. To avoid an infestation, it is recommended to carry out regular preventive treatment by applying the appropriate products.
In addition, there are also effective and environmentally friendly curative treatments that can completely eradicate these insects from your home if they have ever invaded your home. Among them is the application of heat.
Heat to get rid of wood-eating insects
This is an innovative treatment that consists of applying the lethal temperature to these pests in the infested area in order to get rid of them. The technique consists of 3 major steps:
- Installation of heating equipment in invaded areas.
- Gradually raising the level of heat until it reaches the lethal temperature for insects (around 55°C), which must also be maintained for at least 1 hour.
- Installation of a monitoring system to ensure optimal follow-up and management of the process.
In addition to its efficiency and its ecological character, one of the greatest advantages of this technique is that it does not require any stripping of the structures.
Entrust the mission to a professional!
At Solution Cimex, we master the techniques to be applied for heat treatment aimed at eliminating xylophagous insects. Our technicians are well versed in the measures to take to protect your property. We offer you a successful and safe intervention. In addition, our pest control services are environmentally friendly and safe for your health. Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information on our offers.
Treatments against xylophagous insects
- Efficient and fast.
- Do not require a second treatment
- Eliminates wood-eating insects quickly